Did you know?
New Brunswick’s winter fishing season runs annually from January1st to March 31st and provides fishing opportunities on more than 150 designated inland, tidal and international waters. Several lakes open during the wintery fishery are stocked with brook trout and landlocked salmon.
NB’s winter fishing season is now included in your seasonal angling licence (valid from April 15thto March 31st.) Anyone can fish without a licence for Winter Fish NB days February 18-20, 2023.
Under the Clean Environment Act/Clean Water Act:
- Anglers are reminded not to leave garbage behind.
- Owners of ice shelters must:
- Mount shelters on skids or runners to allow for easy removal; and
- Post their name and address clearly on the outside of the shelter in print at least 5 cm in height.
- Information on removal dates for ice shelters in northern and southern New Brunswick will follow later this winter.
- Gas powered vehicles and equipment (e.g. snowmobiles, ATVs, ice augers) are not permitted onto the following lakes: Gibson Lake (Charlotte County), Belvidere Lake (Kings County), and Nelson Lake (Saint John County). Only portable ice fishing shelters are permitted and must not be left overnight.
More information is available here.