Any private or publicly traded mineral exploration company is eligible for the program, providing:
- it holds the mineral rights, or an option agreement, to the property named in the application
- it does not have a self-sustained cash flow from mining operations
- it has fulfilled all commitments related to previous funding from the province
- its principal business is mineral exploration and/or development
- must be registered with the New Brunswick Corporate Registry to carry out work in New Brunswick. Please see http://www.snb.ca/e/6000/6600e.asp
Please take note that the Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of New Brunswick (APEGNB) is reminding applicants that any individual or firm carrying out the practice of geoscience in New Brunswick must be licensed with APEGNB (www.apegnb.com) [Refer to Section 9 of the Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act (https://canlii.ca/t/539h9)].
Any questions or concerns regarding status with APEGNB or with the Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act should be directed to APEGNB.